Experience the world’s greatest hunting event at the Bass Pro Shops Fall Hunting Classic
Category: News Release
Aug 8th, 2016 by OutdoorsFIRST
Modified Aug 8th, 2016 at 12:00 AM
Bass Pro Shops kicks off the fall season with free seminars and events
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – The Fall Hunting Classic, an annual tradition for millions of hunters and sportsmen across North America, returns to Bass Pro Shops locations throughout the U.S. and Canada this . The annual event kicks off the fall hunting season with free seminars led by nationally recognized professional hunters and special offers at 77 Bass Pro Shops locations.*
“For nearly 30 years now, the Fall Hunting Classic has been a popular and much-anticipated tradition at Bass Pro Shops,” said Jerry Martin, captain of the RedHead Pro Hunting team. “Hunters and other outdoor enthusiasts have attended this free event to learn how they can be more successful in the field while staying safe and comfortable with appropriate clothing and gear. Hunters also love to get a firsthand look at all the latest products.”
Many sportsmen and women look forward to the event all year long. This 17-day event is expected to draw more than 100,000 people to each location.
During the Fall Hunting Classic, nationally recognized professional hunters, local pros and outdoorsmen and women will conduct seminars, answer questions and help hunters make the most of their fall hunting season. (Check local listings: pros, topics, dates and times may vary)**.
Free seminars include:
– Archery Tune-Up: Prepare your gear for the hunt
– Get Close: Scent control and scent products that give you the edge
– Archery Skills: Perfecting your shot and how to play the wind
– Boots 101: Choosing the right footwear for your outing experience
– Knives and Tools Guide: Your hunt from field to freezer
The first 20 seminar attendees each day ages 18 or older will receive a free Bass Pro Shops tumbler.
Other special events include:
– Women’s Hunting Workshop – Women are invited to a free seminar to learn hunting tips and how-to information on outdoor cooking and more. The first 25 women ages 18 or older will receive a free Bass Pro Shops tumbler.
– Bow, crossbow and optics trade in. Hunters with bows, crossbows and optics, including riflescopes, can trade those items in at a participating Bass Pro Shops location. This trade-in event allows hunters to trade in bows, crossbows and optics for a coupon worth up to $100 off the purchase price of a new bow, crossbow or optics (excludes spotting scopes).
- – Game camera and hunting boot trade in. Hunters with game cameras and boots that don’t get a lot of action can trade them in at a participating Bass Pro Shops store during the Fall Hunting Classic. This trade-in event allows hunters to trade in game cameras for a coupon worth up to $100 off the purchase price of a new game camera. Hunters can trade in hunting or rubber boots for a coupon worth up to $40 off the purchase of new hunting boots.
The game cameras, boots, bows, crossbows and optics are donated to local nonprofit organizations to help with outdoor education programs.
– Next Generation Weekend – Kids are invited to come to their local Bass Pro Shops , and for Bass Pro Shops Next Generation Weekend. This family-friendly, free event includes a free craft, workshop, giveaway, photo download and activities. Check local listings for more information on Next Generation activities.***
It is vitally important that today’s youth get involved in the outdoors so they can become the stewards and conservationists ofto insure the maintenance and well-being of our natural resources. Bass Pro Shops is proud to take part in inspiring the next generation of conservationists by providing easy, fun, accessible ways for families to discover and enjoy the outdoors.
Celebrating Sportsmen, America’s Conservation Heroes
The Fall Hunting Classic celebrates the role hunters play in ongoing wildlife conservation efforts. Hunters are the largest contributors to wildlife conservation through the hunting licenses, tags and stamps they buy. Another important source of funding for state wildlife conservation efforts are the excise taxes sportsmen and women pay on firearms, ammunition and archery equipment through the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service’s Wildlife and Sport Fish Restoration program (WSFR). In 2015, WSFR provided $1.1 billion through the sale of hunting and fishing equipment to support habitat conservation and outdoor recreation. Since the program’s inception 78 years ago more than $18 billion have been distributed to states for this great work. Those dollars, combined with hunting license fees, provide more than 75 percent of the funding for most state fish and wildlife agencies. Sportsmen and women contribute nearly $8 million to conservation every day through license fees, stamps, permits, excise taxes, and contributions to conservation groups.
In addition to free seminars and great deals on hunting gear, customers can also enter a sweepstakes to win a trip for four to the 2017 Bass Pro Shops NRA America’s Night Race in Bristol, Tennessee. The grand prize, valued at $9,900, includes VIP race tickets and garage passes, appearances by drivers in the suite, a track walk, travel and accommodations and one NRA lifetime membership. Plus, one winner in every store will receive a NRA lifetime membership with a value of $1,500. Visit your local store for more details. Visithttp://www.basspro.com/classic for more information on how to enter.****
* Store not participating in this event includes location in Islamorada, Florida.
** Pro appearances, dates, topics and times subject to change.
***Next Generation Weekend event is not available at the Destin, Florida location.
****Contest rules: Customers may also enter to win online at http://www.basspro.com. One Grand Prize winner will be drawn nationally. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States or District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older at time of entry. Void where prohibited.