Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World Tips
Oct 15th, 2014 by OutdoorsFIRST
Modified Oct 15th, 2014 at 12:00 AM
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World Tips presents free, seasonal how-to advice from Larry Whiteley, host of the award-winning Outdoor World Radio show. Each weekly tip offers practical advice to improve your skills.
Tips offered for November include:
* Using the Wind When Deer Hunting: Be aware of wind direction and where deer may seek cover and you can have a successful hunt in windy conditions.
* How to Tag a Rain Deer: Rainy conditions aren’t most hunters favorite time to be out. However, fewer hunters means less chance of someone spooking your deer. Plus, the wet ground can make it easier for you to move through the woods undetected.
* Using Weather to Hunt Waterfowl: Hunting in the fog can be challenging but the conditions make waterfowl more likely to come to your call. Using extreme weather conditions to your favor can make for a fun and plentiful hunt.
* When to Hunt Rut Bucks: Rutting activity usually only lasts a week or two, and as the rut winds down, a lot of hunters give up and head home. Even though action won’t be as heavy, don’t give up because as long as bucks are still seeking does, there is still a chance to get your deer.
* The Importance of Hunting Does: Keeping deer populations in check through taking does as well as bucks can help the overall habitat, carrying capacity and population. Doe hunting also gives many hunters their only chance of putting venison in the freezer so take advantage of this ethical practice.