Walleye Wisdom St Jude’s Benefit seminar
Apr 4th, 2013 by OutdoorsFIRST
Modified Apr 4th, 2013 at 12:00 AM
On February 9th and 10 2013 The 2nd annual Walleye Wisdom St Jude’s Benefit seminar weekend occured. There was a few missions we wantrd to accomplish. 1st was to raise as much money as we could for a great organization St Jude’s Children’s Hospital! The second mission was to teach and promote walleye fishing. That was accomplished by booking over 100 Walleye fisherman Saturday and 100 Walleye Fisherman Sunday, We had seminars On Jigging, Trolling with crank baits, Trolling with Spinners, Night Fishing, and Electronics.
The Walleye fishing community proves to be strong and generous with prizes and a $35.00 entry fee generating a total of almost $5800.00 for St Jude Children’s Hospital.
The following is a list of sponsors that made all this possible.
1. Vic’s Sport center. The Vatalaro family not only supplied the pasta, sausage and pizza but also let us use their awesome facility for two days. Thank you so much. You guys are the best.
2. Starcraft Marine. The Starcraft family donated cash for donuts, cookies and coffee.
3. Ranger Boats. Pat donated a wide range of awesome Ranger apparel.
4. Worldwide Marine Insurance. Bob donated a generous amount of cash for food and refreshments.
5. Cisco Fishing Systems. Dennis and David donated a $250 gift certificate for each day of the raffle.
6. Berts Custom Tackle. Chris and Pat donated two ratchet rod holders and a track system to put them on.
7.Modog rod rack systems. They donated an awesome rod rack for a 620 or 621 and several cup holders that hold pliers or tools.
8.Big Papa Sports. Bob donated several soft tackle blade organizers, planer board and bottom bouncer organizers.
9. Old Petes Tackle. Pete donated countless hair jigs, inline weights and a Plano tube caddy.
10. Erie Outfitters. Craig donated two of the new Okuma trolling reels.
11.Northcoast Custom Rods. Mitch donated two $100 gift certificates for the raffle.
12.Offshore Tackle Company. Bruce donated two offshore planer boards. Two mini boards and offshore apparel.
13.Rodmakers shop. Ray donated a trolling net and a rod a reel combo.
14. Rapala. Marty donated two soft tackle bags.
15.Brew Kettle. Chris donated four $25.00 gift certificates.
16. Reefrunner Tackle Company. Scott donated a bunch of reefrunners in different styles and colors.
17.Silver Streak. Chip donated several pre tied harnesses and blades.
18.JT Custom Tackle. Jon and Jeff donated 6 boxes of harness beads.
19.Northland Tackle Company. They donated a bunch of pre tied harnesses and soft plastics.
20.Trusty Cable Tool. Ron donated several quick release Lowrance tools that make disconnecting your unit a snap.
21.Lowrance Electronics. Chris donated countless hats and also had an awesome display so we could play with the new HDS units.
21. Pro Cure Bait scents. They donated 200 sample bottles of bait scent.
Want to personally thank each of every one involved from sponsors to all the great People at Vic’s Sport Center for hosting the event for the second year and the great group of walleye fanatics that have the same passion as we do! Again thank all of you from the bottom of are hearts for making all this possible. Will see you next year.
Sincerely, Gary Zart, Mike Knippenberg, Scott Geitgey, Ryan Buddie, Nicholas Zart