Arnesen’s Rocky Point 5th Annual South Shore Classic Fishing Tournament
Aug 26th, 2015 by OutdoorsFIRST
Modified Aug 26th, 2015 at 12:00 AM
5th Annual South Shore Classic Fishing Tournament
by Rachel Krohn
The 5th Annual South Shore Classic Fishing Tournament will be held Saturday, September 5, 2015. If weather is not favorable on the 5th, we will take a vote to see if anglers want to change it to Sunday, September 6, 2015.
The tournament is set up as a 2 person team. The entry fee is $100 per person. You will need a digital camera to photograph your one possible fish over 28 inches.
south shore classic arnesens rocky tourny
The tournament rules are as follows:
1. This is not a down rigging tournament-it is strictly hook and line.
2. The limit for this tournament is SIX walleye per team (team of two). All walleye greater than 28″ must be released immediately. ONE of those walleye over 28″ may be photographed quickly for entry into tournament. This walleye must be released immediately after the photo is taken. MN rules apply for this contest as all fish between 19.5 inches and 28 must be released and will not be part of your limit for the day.
3. Once a limit of fish has been reduced to possession, no culling or live well sorting is permitted.
4. Your tournament boat will be marked with a colorful ribbon so that you can be identified as a tournament participant. There will be spotters on the lake as designated tournament officials for checking boats.
5. You will be given six special tags that you will be required to put on the fish you keep. The tags must be on completely. If you come in with a fish that is not tagged, you will be disqualified. If you photograph a fish over 28″, you will be required to bring that 6 tags, your team will be eliminated.
6. Upon measuring the fish no later than 4 PM, they will be returned to the angler.
7. The team with the most inches wins. The payoff will be 100% payout after expenses. Money prizes will be awarded for the first three spots.
8. Your entry fee will cover the prize monies, the official tournament ruler, a tournament T-shirt, your dinner, two drink tickets and the Rock Harbor dinner staff gratuity.
9. On the morning of the tournament, all boats and teams should be here no later than 8:00 am for inspections and for receiving packets and a reviewing of the rules.
10. The dinner will be at 6:00 pm upstairs at Rock Harbor Lodge with the winners announced at that time. If you have any guests that would like to have dinner with us at the presentation ceremony and dinner, please let us know a week in advance. The cost for the extra guest meal will be $16.95 plus tax. These individuals will be responsible for their own dinner cost plus gratuity. The dinner will include a salad, a meat entrée, a potato, and dessert.
Thank you for choosing to participate in our annual South Shore Classic. If you have any questions, please call 218-442-7215 and ask for Ed or Kay.
Please return the registration form below before August 30, 2015 along with your entry fee confirming your entrance into the tournament.