AIM® Announces Details of the 2011 AIM Pro Walleye Series™ Season
Category: press release
Jan 6th, 2011 by OutdoorsFIRST
Modified Jan 6th, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Anglers Insight Marketing, LLC (AIM) brings the walleye world an exciting season of tournament fishing action through the 2011 AIM Pro Walleye Series.
The 2011 season will feature four tournaments. The schedule, announced officially today, is as follows:
• Winnebago Chain (Winneconne, WI), April 20-22 – sponsored by the Winneconne Chamber of Commerce, Wolf River Resorts and Critter’s Sports
• AIM Bay Mills Invitational Walleye Tournament™ (Brimley, MI),
June 2-4 – sponsored by Bay Mills Resort & Casino
• Mississippi River (Dubuque, IA), June 22-24 – sponsored by the Dubuque Area Chamber of Commerce and the Dubuque Regional Sports Commission.
• AIM International Walleye Championship – Lake Oahe (Akaska, SD), September 15-17
The Winnebago, Bay Mills and Dubuque events will all be qualifiers for the AIM International Walleye Championship™ and results will also count towards 2011 Angler of the Year points.
Each AIM Pro Walleye Series tournament will feature the exclusive AIM Catch-Record-Release™ (CRR) format that uses digital photos to verify each fish as it is recorded on the Official Scorecard. Each fish is then immediately released – where it was caught – and NOT transported to the landing. This means the Pro Anglers can continually upgrade their catch all day, every day regardless of any local “slot” limits. CRR also means that NO “dead fish” penalties will be assessed at the weigh-in and assures that each tournament has no negative impacts on the fishery.
The payouts for each 2011 tournament will be not less than 100% of the Pro Angler entry fees. This remains a policy of the AIM Pro Walleye Series tournaments, but with the provision that several events will feature payouts in excess of 100%, including additional incentives. For 2011, payouts will now extend to the top 30% of the field in each tournament.
A sample payout schedule is viewable at www.aimfishing.com. Final, official payouts are based on total entrants and will be announced after the close of registrations one week prior to each tournament.
Other benefits and additions to the 2011 AIM Pro Walleye Series include:
• AIM FishMore Program – An incentive for Pros who are not AIM Owners or Lifetime Members to fish additional tournaments in 2011. This offer makes the $250 Membership fee a one-time expense per year. The $250 fee will be applied to ONLY the first tournament fished by a Non-Member in 2011. The $250 Membership fee will be waived for all subsequent tournaments that a Non-Member enters in 2011.
• New Interactive AIM Website – www.aimfishing.com will feature an enhanced experience in 2011 for Pro Anglers, Co-anglers and fishing enthusiasts. New features include exclusive pages for many Marketing Partners, individual Bio Pages for the AIM Pro Anglers, a new Message Board for comments, photos and videos – including sections for AIM’s Marketing Partners and Sanctioned Series affiliates. The AIM website will also include an expanded video capability that allows all AIM Pro Anglers to easily upload product tips and technique videos.
• The AIM International Walleye Championship in Akaska will also include a “tournament within the tournament”. Teams of entrants from the AIM Sanctioned Series will have the opportunity to match their skills against each other in the special AIM Team Championship. This team event will run alongside the Pro-Am AIM International Walleye Championship.
“AIM is squarely focused on giving walleye anglers around the world the opportunity to share real, timely information about hot bites, baits, techniques, and equipment,” said Scott Matheson, President/CEO of AIM. “The Pro Anglers that fish the AIM Pro Walleye Series events will not only have the opportunity to compete for significant prize money, they will be able to showcase their expertise to anglers across the world through our unique tournament format and expanded multi-media marketing assets. Our goal is to provide our participating anglers, their sponsors and the AIM Marketing Partners with unmatched opportunities that benefit both the world of competitive angling and the sport of fishing in general.”
Registrations for both Pro Anglers and Co-anglers will accepted beginning January 11, 2011. Entries are accepted online, or by calling the AIM office at 920-526-3399. The Pro Angler entry fee is $1,500.00 per event. The Co-angler entry fee is $250.00 for two days of fishing, each with a different AIM Pro Angler. After Day Two the number of Pro Anglers is reduced to the top 50% of the field. Half of the Co-angler field will also be selected to fish an additional day at no additional cost!
Constantly-updated information about AIM tournaments, activities and developments can be found at www.aimfishing.com.
AIM 2011 Payout
100% Payout – 30% Pay down
Place 100 Boats Place 50 Boats
1 $30,000.00 1 $30,000.00
2 $15,000.00 2 $7,500.00
3 $10,000.00 3 $6,000.00
4 $8,000.00 4 $5,000.00
5 $7,000.00 5 $4,500.00
6 $6,000.00 6 $4,000.00
7 $5,000.00 7 $3,500.00
8 $4,500.00 8 $3,000.00
9 $4,200.00 9 $2,500.00
10 $4,000.00 10 $2,000.00
11 $3,900.00 11 $1,800.00
12 $3,800.00 12 $1,800.00
13 $3,700.00 13 $1,800.00
14 $3,600.00 14 $1,800.00
15 $3,500.00 15 $1,800.00
Anglers Insight Marketing, LLC is a unique tournament organization which is owned by stockholders, the majority of which are Professional walleye anglers. AIM Professionals are among the “All Stars” of professional fishing, with cumulative HUNDREDS of years of tournament experience, including countless tournament victories, series championships, and Angler of the Year titles. This insight and knowledge is now being employed to provide the finest tournament experience for the participants, and the maximum exposure for the host tournament sites and corporate partners.
AIM Marketing Partners:
South Dakota Office of Tourism, Bay Mills Resort & Casino, Lund Boat Company, Mercury Marine, Crestliner Boats, JJ Keller Fishing Team, Navionics, Fin-Tech Tackle, John Butts Outdoors, Rutting Ridge Outfitters, Oahe Wings & Walleyes, Optima Batteries, Worldwide Marine Insurance, Pier of d’Nort piers, Me and My Catch photo replicas, Reef Runner Lures, The Judge Tournament Ruler, Rite in the Rain Paper, G2 Angling, E-Z Lube Systems, Transducer Armor, Gemini Sports Marketing, True North Companies