Lew’s to Launch No-Cost Digital Fishing Tournament Trail for High School Fishing Teams
Mar 20th, 2020 by Keith Worrall
Modified Mar 20th, 2020 at 10:35 AM
Lew’s to Launch No-Cost Digital Fishing Tournament Trail for High School Fishing Teams 12 Week event to utilize HOOK’D Fishing Tournament App, Feature Weekly, Grand Prize
Lexington, S.C. – March 9, 2020 – A longtime investor in the high school and college fishing movement, Lew’s announces a new Digital Fishing Tournament Trail for high school fishing teams, beginning April 6, through June 26, 2020.
Utilizing the HOOK’D Fishing Tournament app available for iPhone and Android, teams in three regions can register at no charge to them, and compete within their region for weekly prizes, as well as overall Grand Prizes for each region from Lew’s and Strike King. Weekly prizes will include Lew’s Mach Combos for the team that is the overall weekly big bass winner in each region, and a random weekly drawing for a Strike King “Tie One On” prize drawing for one winner among those posting pictures of fish caught on a Strike King lure, using the hashtag #strikekingbass.
At the end of the 12 week period, the team with the overall grand prize for the most total inches reported in each region, will receive two Lew’s Mach combos and a $200 retail value Strike King prize pack. Anglers must use the HOOK’D Fishing Tournament app, the teams must register an account, and the fish must be photographed on one of four approved event bump boards.
Rules/How to Participate:
- To enter, download "HOOK'D Fishing Tournaments" app. Create a login profile for your HS fishing
team. For example, there would be one profile on the app for "Lee County High School Fishing Team".
In order for an angler on the team to submit a catch, that angler would need to download the app on their
phone and login under their team's profile.
- Contest Dates: April 6 – June 26 (12-week program)
- Monday thru Sunday weekly rounds (12 rounds, 1 per week)
- Permitted species: largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, spotted bass.
- Minimum length requirement to qualify as a catch: 14"
- To enter a catch, submit a catch photo to the team profile’s “livewell” within the HOOK’D Fishing
Tournaments app. Photo must show the fish laying straight on an approved measure board with mouth
closed and touching the “bump” end of the measure board.
- Approved measure boards:
- Gator Grip Golden Rule Measuring Board (available at Bass Pro, Academy Sports)
- Cabela’s Aluminum Fish Measuring Board (available at Cabela’s)
- Frabill Fishing Bump Board Fish Measuring Ruler (available at Walmart)
- Check-It Stik (available at Academy Sports)
- North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin,
Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland,
Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Washington D.C.,
Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, New York
- Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia,
Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina
- Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Nevada,
Wyoming, Idaho, Montana
Teams should enter the tournament for the region in which their school’s geographic location falls under. For example, if a team from Wisconsin catches a bass in Florida, then that catch will still be submitted to the North tournament.
For complete rules and registration information, check back to https://www.lews.com, and find the HOOK’D app on the Apple App and Android Google Play stores.
Lew's Fishing is a Lexington, South Carolina based supplier of fishing equipment and tackle. The Company supplies branded fishing reels, rods, and related accessories through the mass market, sporting goods, and specialty outdoor channels. For further information about Lew’s, please visit www.lews.com.
About Strike King
Strike King is a Lexington, South Carolina based supplier of fishing tackle and sunglasses. The Company supplies hard baits, wire baits, soft plastics and related accessories through the mass market, sporting goods, and specialty outdoor channels. For further information about Strike King, please visit www.strikeking.com.