Brined and Smoked Wild Goose Breast Recipe
Category: Cooking Wild Game
Mar 3rd, 2022 by Keith Worrall
Modified Mar 3rd, 2022 at 12:14 PM
Brined and Smoked Wild Goose Breast with Black Pepper & Brown Sugar Dip
2 wild goose breasts
Hi Mountain Seasonings Game Bird & Poultry Brine Mix
2 tbs Hi Mountain Seasonings Garlic Pepper Rub
1 tbs ground coriander
1/4 cup beef stock
4 tbs mayonnaise
2 tsp of Hi Mountain Black Pepper & Brown Sugar Bacon Seasoning
1. Trim any fat or sliver skin off the wild goose breast
2. Mix one pouch of Hi Mountain Seasonings Game Bird & Poultry Brine Mix with 3 1/2 quarts of water. Add the goose to the brine and refrigerate for 5 days.
3. After the 5 days of brining is compete, remove the goose breast from the brine and rinse throughly.
4. Soak the goose breast in a water bath for two hours, changing the water once during this process.
5. Remove the goose from the water bath and pat dry with paper towel. Air dry the goose breast on a rack for one hour.
6. In a small bowl, mix the Hi Mountain Seasonings Garlic Pepper Rub and coriander. Liberally cover all sides of the meat with this mixture.
7. Set the smoker/pellet grill to 200 degrees F and place the goose in the smoker. Cook until the internal temperature of the goose reaches 150 degrees F.
8. Place the goose on a large piece of tin foil. Pour the beef stock on top of the goose and seal the foil tightly around the meat.
9. Place the goose back into the smoker and steam another 30 minutes.
10. While the goose is steaming, mix the mayonnaise and Hi Mountain Black Pepper & Brown Sugar Bacon Seasoning and refrigerate.
11. Remove foil-wrapped goose from smoker and carefully take the meat out of the foil.
12. Rest the goose for 20 minutes before slicing and serving with the Black Pepper & Brown Sugar Dip.
Note: Use a meat thermometer to make sure the internal cooking temperature has reached 150F.
Steak Lover’s Bundle & Complete Jerky Maker Kit
are back in stock!
All Hi Mountain Summer Sausage kits are back in stock!
Stock up now and save 20%.