🔋 8 Tips for Longer Marine Battery Lifespan
Nov 22nd, 2021 by Keith Worrall
Modified Nov 22nd, 2021 at 10:48 AM
GET MORE LIFE OUT OF YOUR MARINE BATTERIES
Marine trolling motor and cranking batteries can be a frustrating subject for many anglers. Overcharging. Undercharging, Neither are good.
We’re here to make it simple for you. This short article breaks down some of the most important things to consider when it comes to marine battery maintenance and 8 tips for extending the lifespan of your marine batteries.
A PREVIEW OF WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Charge after every use and allow the battery to receive a full charge
- Avoid high voltage fast charging cycles – Stick to recommended voltage requirements and unplug immediately after the charge is complete OR see the next tip.
- Don’t over-or under-charge – Over or under-charging can shorten the overall life of your batteries. Find out how to apply a safe and fast charge.
- Avoid storing in very cold or hot temperatures – Bring your batteries inside over winter when your boat is in a non-heated storage area.
- See the remaining tips and recommendations – Keep your batteries fresh for the 2022 fishing season.