WI DNR: What Should Deer Season Look Like In 2022?
Apr 12th, 2022 by Keith Worrall
Modified Apr 12th, 2022 at 1:57 PM
Wisconsin’s hunting legacy runs deep. That’s why we want to hear from you as we plan for the county-level antlerless harvest quotas and other key parts of the 2022 deer hunt.
Each county in Wisconsin has a County Deer Advisory Council (CDAC) to provide input and recommendations to the department on deer management within their county.
In early May, each CDAC will make recommendations to the department for the 2022 season based on deer herd metrics, county deer population objectives and public feedback. This summer, the DNR will bring its recommendations for the 2022 season to the Natural Resources Board.
To learn what your CDAC is considering for this season, visit the DNR’s County Deer Advisory Councils webpage. to find out what your County Deer Advisory Council (CDAC) is considering for this season. Provide your input using this online form:
Share My Feedback Now button
Participate In Deer Season Planning
There are several ways to participate in deer season planning:
- Now: Submit feedback during the online comment period extended through April 17.
- April 25-May 5: Attend your county’s CDAC meeting to review public input and help finalize the recommendation to the DNR.
- Review your county’s harvest and population metrics and summaries of your county’s March CDAC meeting using the Wisconsin Deer Metrics System.
CDACs Are Your Voice In Deer Management
Each County Deer Advisory Council works with local DNR staff to:
- Schedule meetings
- Provide community outreach and an opportunity for public input
- Review population data and deer impacts
- Develop recommendations on county population objectives
- Create annual antlerless harvest quotas