WKFC 4th Year Bass Tournament Lake Wausau June 1st
May 27th, 2019 by Keith Worrall 284
Modified May 27th, 2019 at 9:50 AM
Wisconsin Kayak Fishing Club Tournament
Registration starts at 6.00 A.M
Fishing Hours: 7:30 A.M to 3:30 P.M June 1st 2019
Entry fee is $40.00 for early registration, $50.00 after May 28th 2019
Additional $10.00 (optional) for Big Bass pot (Longest Bass)
Payment to be paid PayPal, mail, or me personally.
PayPal payer can send to [email protected] (send as gift)
Species of fish: Large Mouth and Small Mouth Bass
This tournament will be CPR STYLE FORMAT (catch photo release) only.
Measuring Device needed is the Hawg Trough….There will be limited Hawg trough available for rent $5 each FIRST COME FIRST SERVE
Hawg Trough IS REQUIRED!! AND LINE MUST BE MARKED (Check out Austionkayak.com to buy an hawg trough or any other website that sells them)
*The new Ketch measuring device is also allowed.
Cellphone or camera is accepted for taking your fish picture
Please read the rules posted below
Wisconsin Kayak Fishing Club Tournament Rules
1. Registration for Wisconsin Kayak Fishing Club Bass Tournament will be open from now till the day of the tournament. Entry fee will be $40.00 anything after May 28th 2019 will be $50.00 additional $10.00 Big Bass which is optional
2. Requirements: You must be present at Head Quarter by 6:00 A.M. A printed control image will be handed out to everyone who is officially registered for the tournament. Your photo must include the fish and measuring device such as the Hawg Trough You may pinch the tail, the mouth of the fish must be FULLY closed and touching the front edge of the measuring device. The ruler marks must be easily legible. The printed image tournament image must appear in each photo submitted. Failure to include this will disqualify your entry for that fish. HOST WILL MAKE THE FINAL DESICION
3. Start and Finish Times: Tournament will start at 7:30 once you are registered and received your printed control image, you are able to go to any public boat launch to get access to the lake. Please pay boat launch fee if needed. Once 7:30 A.M you are able to start fishing. Anyone caught fishing before the time schedule to start will be immediately disqualified. End time will be 3:30 P.M (we will allowed you 30 minutes to get back any minute after that will cost you deductions off your score)
4. Catch: All fish must be taken with a fishing rod, artificial bait, fishing line and hook on the days of the tournament during tournament hours. Participants must fish from a human powered boat, kayak, and canoe or stand up paddle board. No GAS or ELECTRIC MOTORS are allowed! Fish must be over 8 inches to be eligible to count. Limit of 5 fish
5. Safety: A PFD (personal floatation device) must
be worn at all time! Safe boating conduct must be observed at all times.
6. Fishing Boundaries: Fish must be caught in any water connected to Lake Wausau.
7. Weather: Anglers are to exercise their own best judgment for safety when considering whether to fish or not.
8. Prizes: If there is a tie for 1st place, the one with the longest fish will be determine the winner. For big bass if there is a tie the prize money will be split.
9. Measuring the fish will be round DOWN by 1/4 inch example: 14 1/8 inch will be 14inch
10. You MUST have a valid Wisconsin Fishing License
11. There will be ONE person per vessel.
12. Payout will be:
1st Place: Feel Free Lure 10
2nd Place: TBD
3rd Place: TBD
There will be no raffle this year, any prizes we get from sponsors will be use as payout.
All rules are posted on the page any questions about it please contact us.
Rules may vary to change
Any questions feel free to contact me