The Bash Stash
Sep 17th, 2019 by Keith Worrall
Modified Sep 17th, 2019 at 12:47 PM
The Bash Stash
SAN ANTONIO, TX (September 16, 2019) – The 2019 Bass Pro Shops Big Bass Bash is set to take place in just over two weeks on October 4th-5th at Kentucky Lake in Paris, TN. This marks the first time in the history of this event that it will be fished during the fall of the year. Fall fishing can present some difficult challenges to an angler. Lakes can experience a winter drawdown, baitfish can be difficult to locate, and bass can be out right stubborn. The Association of Collegiate Anglers is going to publish a week-long series introducing you to baits from Berkley that just might make the difference and help you catch more fish during the two day tournament.
Entering the 2019 Big Bass Bash, there is one rule change that you need to be aware of. Anglers are strictly permitted to use only Berkley baits during day two of competition. This includes trailers and skirts for various soft plastic presentations. Here is a look at the special rules for day two:
Special Lure Rules
- All contestants must use Berkley baits EXCLUSIVELY during this event on day two.
- The complete line up may be viewed at www.berkley-fishing.com
- Spinner bait frames, jig heads, buzz bait frames, etc. may be used when paired with Berkley products as trailers. To clarify you may use other brands jigs and spinner-baits, but those baits must have a Berkley trailer on them.
- All terminal tackle (Alabama Rig Style) must include a “functional” Berkley soft plastic.
- Non-Berkley skirts and soft plastic trailers are NOT permitted at any time.
To view a complete breakdown of rules for the 2019 Bass Pro Shops Big Bass Bash presented by Berkley, click here. Any questions regarding the Berkley Special Lure rule, please contact the tournament director. Register for the event!
Over the next four days, we will introduce you to a variety of products from Berkley that could be key players on Kentucky Lake in early October. Swimbaits, crankbaits, and soft plastics are all great ways to get quality bites in the early fall. Berkley makes a bait to fit each of those needs. Here is a preview of the baits that will be highlighted in this special series:
- Tuesday, 9/17 – Berkley Digger CrankbaiT
- Wednesday, 9/18 – PowerBait Pit Boss
- Thursday, 9/19 – PowerBait Power Swimmer
- Friday, 9/20 – Berkley Choppo
Be sure to check back daily as we introduce you to each one of these baits. In the meantime, visit www.berkley-fishing.com to stock up on the baits you need to catch big fish at Kentucky Lake!
To continue reading, click here.