Bass University at Tulsa Jan. 16-17
Category: press release
Jan 13th, 2016 by OutdoorsFIRST
Modified Jan 13th, 2016 at 12:00 AM
The Bass University, a bass fishing education organization, brings its acclaimed classroom instruction program to Tulsa on Saturday, January 16 and Sunday, January 17, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Crowne Plaza Tulsa (Southern Hills), OK. The Bass University’s Tulsa class is presented by the Grand River Dam Authority and Tulsa Sports Commission.
Anglers of all skill levels will gain confidence in new tactics directly from the top professional anglers in bass fishing including Oklahoma fan-favorite Jason Christie and the 2015 Bassmaster Elite Series Angler of the Year, Aaron Martens! This is your chance to rub elbows with the pros during the group breakout sessions and ask questions during the round-table discussion, such as asking how four of the pro instructors are preparing for the upcoming Bassmaster Classic on Grand Lake in Oklahoma.
All registered class attendees, or The Bass University “students”, receive 15% off TackleWarehouse.com, get a loaded tackle gift bag from The Bass University and their sponsors, have a chance to win great prizes, and have a fun time with other dedicated bass anglers.
The Bass University instructors, each presenting two 45-minutes classes, include:
· Jason Christie, of Park Hill, OK, has two wins each in the Bassmaster Opens and Bassmaster Elite Series. Jason placed seventh in the 2013 Bassmaster Classic at Grand Lake and is a pre-tournament favorite for a repeat high finish. Jason will present about pre-spawn power tactics and the post-spawn “funk”, which is noted as a difficult time to catch bass.
· Aaron Martens, the 2015 Toyota Bassmaster Angler of the Year (his third such honor) is a four time runner-up at the Bassmaster Classic with over $2.5M in winnings. Aaron’s main topics are on power finesse fishing and water temperature considerations
· Greg Hackney, the 2014 Toyota Bassmaster Angler of the Year, has 13 Bassmaster Classic qualifications and two Bassmaster Elite Series wins. Greg will speak on using electronics from shallow to deep water, and year-round shallow water fishing.
· Randall Tharp, three-time Bassmaster Open Champ and three-time Bassmaster Classic qualifier, was the 2013 FLW Forrest Wood Cup Champion. He speaks on his fishing strengths of flipping and pitching lures.
· Pete Gluszek, co-founder and “dean” of The Bass University, has four FLW and Bassmaster professional tournament wins and competed in the 2013 Bassmaster Classic on Grand Lake. Pete will teach about special considerations for hot weather fishing and adjusting to conditions.
· Mike Iaconelli, co-founder of The Bass University with Pete Gluszek, is the only angler to win the Bassmaster Classic, the Bassmaster Angler of the Year and the B.A.S.S. Nation Championship. Most recently, he won the 2014 Bassmaster Elite tournament on his home waterway, the Delaware River. He speaks on fall fishing techniques and the perfect hybrid lure, the vibrating jig.
Additional details about the presentations are available online at TheBassUniversity.com/Bass-Fishing-Class/2016-01-16/Tulsa-Okla.
Interested anglers may register online to guarantee their spot in the class at TheBassUniversity.com/class-training. Walk-in registrants are welcome if space allows starting at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday and 7:30 a.m. on Sunday. Special rates are available for students and youths age 17 and under.
2016 The Bass University Class Schedule*:
· Tulsa, OK: January 16-17
· Orange, TX: January 23-24
· Boxborough, MA: January 30-31
· Harrisburg, PA: February 6-7
· Columbus, OH: February 13-14
· Mississauga, Canada, February 14-15
*Speakers subject to change due to emergencies such as severe winter weather.
For those who are unable to attend the class. The Bass University’s online video library, The Bass University TV, consists of over 115 classes. A new 45+ minute class is added each week for unlimited 24/7 viewing and the filmed instructor presentations from the 2016 class schedule will be added to the video library starting in late January. Visit thebassuniversity.com/tv for more information and to try The Bass University TV.