Navionics releases new lakes
Jun 14th, 2016 by OutdoorsFIRST
Modified Jun 14th, 2016 at 12:00 AM
NAVIONICS RELEASES NEW LAKES
Navionics has an expansive database ofover 18,000 lakes in 1 ft HD contours for USand Canada! Now we’ve added hundreds of new lakes that areavailable on Navionics plotter cards and mobile apps – with more on theway! See the list of new lakes we’ve recently added inthe states and province below:
– 388 in Maine
– 188 in Minnesota
– 44 in Florida
– 28 in Illinois
– 14 in Michigan
– 4 in Texas
– 1 in Wisconson
– 44 in Saskatchewan, Canada
Be sure to check back as more lakes will becoming over the next several months! Updates include many brand new lakes notpreviously found on Navionics charts, as well as improved detail for existinglakes.
Fishermen value the amazing detail the SonarChart™1 ft HD bathymetry map layer provides forcatching more fish. SonarChart™ features extraordinary bottomcontour detail, great for increasing awareness of shallow waters and for locatingfishing areas at any depth level. In addition, only Navionics integratessonar logs shared by individual users with existing data to ensureSonarChart™ becomes more and more precise, even in the ever-changing conditionsof sea, lake and river bottoms.
Don’t see your favorite lake in our database? Orare you just wishing for better detail on an existing lake? You can visit yourfavorite lake and record sonar logs on your plotter,then upload to Navionics to build a new and better SonarChart™! Or you can usethe SonarChart™ Live feature embeddedwithin the Navionics Boating app that will create personal 1 ft HD bathymetrymaps on your iPhone, iPad or Android. SonarChart™ Live is the mostefficient way to enhance SonarChart™ because your sonar logs are automaticallysent to Navionics from your device. SonarChart™ Live will also beavailable on select chartplotters soon. Your contributions from both plotterand mobile, along with those from the Navionics Community, mean that anylake can be charted with great detail!
It’s the perfect time to update your charts andtake advantage of the great additions to our lake mapping database! Whetherit’s for your GPS chartplotter or mobile device, here’s how you can get thelatest maps on your plotter and mobile!
On your PLOTTER:
– Purchase a Navionics+chart card and get the latest NauticalChart, SonarChart™ and CommunityEdits for all of US and Canada plus one year of dailyupdates or purchase HotMapsPlatinum if you want exclusive Satellite Overlay, 3Dview and Panoramic Pictures along with Navionics+ charts and features.
– If you currently own a Navionics+ orHotMaps Platinum, simply perform your daily updates to have the new lakesadded!
On your MOBILE:
– If you are new to Navionics, downloadthe free version of our Boatingapp. You’ll get a one week free trial before the option to purchase soyou can explore any of our existing lakes plus the ones we’ve added: selectMenu > Charts > USA or US & Canada. Or you can buy Boating USAor Boating US & Canada, which already contain the region. They areavailable on the iTunes or Android store. Then downloaddetailed maps by zooming in or from Menu>Download Map.
– If you currently own our Boating appfor USA or US & Canada, or the free Boating app with either regionpurchased, just go to Menu>Update All or Download Map if it is a new area.If you are not able to update your charts, renew your Navionics+ subscriptionfor another year at half price!
Continue to keep maps up-to-date fromMenu>Update All (or Download Map). Maps are saved permanently on your devicefor offline use.
You can check out your favorite lakes onour WebApp too! Zoom in and toggle the SonarChart™icon to view amazing one foot contours. If you are interested, orknow someone who might be, you can add Navionics charts to your website forfree with our Web API!